Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Holiday Styling Session

It happens to be one of my favorite times of year and that isn't just because of the Holidays. It also happens to be because of the fashion that brings itself out this time of year. I love the styles and designs that are out right now. I can't put into words about how much I couldn't wait to do this blog and share my particular ideas for men and women's styling for all of the Holiday occasions that come around this time of year. So please bare with me and remember that these are my pics. I love styling and just wanted to share something that I like to do with my readers. Here we go.

Now I am going to start of with women's wear. I have been to many stores and many websites and have noticed a few of the same things this season. Bold colors, lace detailing, one shoulder, animal prints, and sequins are all that are in many of the designs. Shoes are amazing this season as well. I can't tell you how many great women's shoes I have seen that would be great with any dress that you choose. So lets get started with my picks for the ladies.

Women's Wear

Pick #1

Available at Baker's
Available at Lulu's
This short red lace detailed dress is my number one choice for any party. It is conservative enough to wear for dinner with the families and sexy enough to wear out on a date or to the clubs for their Holiday events.  This dress leaves your hair options open. Wear up in a bun or have your hair in beautiful curls. Either way it will look amazing. Accentuate the look with silver with black detailed jewelry. Perhaps a silver or gold watch to add some extra class. I can also see as an option of wearing black nylons to add an even further classy look. Pair this with some plain black sued pumps or with some cute booties. I see many combination with this. I show a black boot from Baker's to the right with a bow detail. This shoe would look great with the dress and give some extra pizazz. Other options that I would suggest a would be a regular suede red pump and or black. Either one adding the same amount of sophistication to the look.

Pick #2

Available at Lulu's
Available at Baker's Shoes
My second pick has to be this short sequined silver dress as seen below. This sassy and fun dress will liven up any party that you go to and is sure to catch eyes as you bop about. This particular dress can be paired with a few different things. I would add a touch of gold if your bold  or red jewelry. The pop of either would be great. Perhaps some earrings, a few bangals and you'll be good to go. Pair with a blazer for in between locations. Again if it is really cold you can add some leggings or nylons to the outfit to add that extra finish. As far as shoes you can go many different directions. I personally feel that because there is so much going on already with the dress that a simpler shoe would do, however I have seen these dresses done up with a busier looking shoe and it looks just as good. I really just think it is in opinion and comfortability. The three shoes that I listed below are all from Bakers Shoes. I understand that that it is definitely a little biased but it's because this place is constantly delivering the best in trends today. You will not be unsatisfied with your shoes. I have never had one of my girls complain about these their purchase. Overall this look will be a winner. It is the perfect party dress for the one who wants a stand out dress and all eyes on her. Remember it's all about the attitude and having fun with your look. Go wild and crazy and work it out!
Available at Baker's Shoes
Available at Baker's Shoes
Now it's always been a little bit harder for me style the men but I am giving my best attempt with what I know and what I have studied. I also have found that it's harder for the men to find something that has not been seen before for their holiday fashion. I truly believe that the ladies have it way easier as far as how many options that they have out there to make a great outfit no matter what the occasion. With these selections I tried to find pieces that I haven't really seen to often that would give the men something to be proud of and give that unique feel.

Men's Wear

Pick #1

Suite available at Overstock
Shoes available at Aldo's Shoes
Pick number one for the men has to be the traditional blazer, button up shirt and pants. This look no matter what the occasion is always a winner. The man who wears this will look so dapper and sophisticated among the masses. He will stand out and catch eyes through out the night. The suit that I chose to display is this two button Calvin Klein Charcoal Gray number. This suit offers the a nice clean, crisp look. The color is different than our normal suit that we might see for these occasions. I believe that we're moving passed the typical black suits and taking it to the next level with this particular color. Pair this with some dark brown or black shoes to complete this great look. The brown shoes will offset the color and provide a great contrast while black shoes will keep that classic look by keeping tones together. Either choice will make for an amazing look. Should you wear a tie? Maybe maybe not? If you are to go with the tie look I would make sure to choose bright colored tie. Perhaps red or royal blue to make it really pop. If choosing not to go with a tie make sure to not get to messy. Unbutton a few of the top shirt buttons and ad that edge. Don't forget it's the Holidays and to have some fun with it.

Pick #2

Available at Zappo's & Buckle
Available at Macy's
Pick number two for the men takes it to a more toned down level. With this look we are leaving it more comfortable while still adding that bit of sophistication. This relaxed look is my choice for my holiday party. Here we are pairing this Bar III two tones Blazer from Macy's with a black v-neck, dark denim and brown  or black boots. This look to me, is a little more fun and relaxed. It stays close to trends of this fall and winter. It like the outfit above will catch attention. I personally love the two tone. I am always a fan of anything on the shoulders. I like that it has the lighter shade of gray to offset the darker shade. The zipper pocket adds a nice touch as well. It keeps to the classic style with the two pockets on either side of the jacket and has to buttons. With this I would pair a white, black, or grey v-neck. This particular style of shirt will add the casualness to the look while still staying true to trend. I would also again pair with a more fitted pair of denim. These Rock and Revivals in the upper left have a current pocket flap with fleur de les design on them. The wash is a nice and dark with the touch of distress. Another option is these Levi's below. The wash is great. These jeans don't have the pocket flap which depending on what look you are going for may be better. Either way the jeans continue to add on to the relaxed part of this look. Now for me, I am going to add some boots. I have two different style that I am choose to show. The first is pair of brown boots made by The Cool People. These boots come in brown or black. Both colors appropriate for this look.
The second pair that I have chosen to talk about is this black pair of Steve Madden boots. These also are available in both black and brown. I really enjoy both look. The buckle feature happens to be my favorite. With these boots you can tuck your pant legs into them or wear them over. Add a Brown, Silver, or Gold watch to the equation for that touch of shine and let the outfit speak for itself.


Available at Macy's, Zappos,  etc.


Available at Zappos
Available at Zappo's, Macy's, Steve Madden

So now that I have given a few outfit choices I hope that I was able to give some insight into holiday wear. Make sure that no matter what it is to have fun with it all. It's that season to dress and impress. Make it happen and make it work. I'm sure you all will have amazing times and I hope you found this entry at least somewhat helpful. I hope that you all have a great holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment